5 Digital Marketing Myths That Can Kill Your Business
Posted On 25 Jan, 2017 by Vishal V
Marketing used to be about making a myth and telling it. Now it’s about telling a truth and sharing it.”
– Marc Mathieu
While digital marketing may be about truth, there are a lot of myths around it.
Let’s look at 5 Digital Marketing myths that can kill your business:
- SEO Is Dead: it is alive and it is kicking Black Hat and Grey Hat techniques out. Google keeps penalizing such techniques by changing algorithms, but this does not mean that SEO is no longer relevant; in fact, if anything, it is more relevant.
- Social Media Is Not Important: No business on earth can say this. Though the channel might differ from client base to client base. E.g. if you are selling to teenagers, Facebook is the place to be, while Executives can be found spending hours on LinkedIn. No matter which business you are in, you just can’t ignore social media.
- Campaign Performance Can’t Be Measured: Nothing could be farther from the truth. The biggest edge that digital marketing has over regular marketing is that you can measure its performance by different cuts and drill down to the bottom of things with a few mouse clicks.
- Negative Social Media Can Hurt Your Business: It depends, upon how you handle the complaints. You can rabid critics into raving fans by swiftly acting upon the feedback. However, it would only hurt if the complaints pile up and the company chooses not to respond.
- Optimization Is Overrated: Your clients are always on the move, so you better adapt according to their needs and preferences. You need to use things like optimization for mobile, SEO and CRO techniques in this dynamic world.
Digital marketing is all about moving on with the clients and not being complacent believing the above myths. The below quote sums it up:
“You can’t expect to just write and have visitors come to you – that’s too passive.”